Saturday 19 November 2016

YOU NEED TO SEE THE BEAUTIFUL TONGA’S NUKU’ALOFA


Share by Once in a lifetime journeys
Tonga is a tiny country made of hundreds of islands and is a couple hours’ flight from Fiji. You can get there from Fiji or from Australia and New Zealand and, as I would later discover, it is a popular kiwi destination for those looking to escape the cold winters. It has only 100k inhabitants and has many citizens living abroad and financing the country through remittances.
Nuku’alofa was simply a base to plan the trip and the gateway to the beautiful archipelago of Vava’u. Around 70% of the population lives in the major island of Tongatapu, where the capital is. There were not a lot of alternative accommodation options around, so when the taxi driver dropped me at the hotel, he recommended I felt I was being cheated. I had selected a B&B from the Lonely Planet which seemed homey and friendly and when the taxi took me to a sea front hotel where they were asking for much more than my initial choice, I was sure I had to go back to my original plan......... read more >> http://stfi.re/dbxddzo







SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER 
   
first name                                                              last name                                               email

No comments:

Post a Comment